Artist Emma Jeffery has produced paint by numbers kits for our patients. Emma’s paint by numbers kits became popular during the first lockdown in 2020 as a gift for friends and family to send to one another, allowing people to create their own masterpieces at home, and have a go at acrylic painting which can be quite daunting for beginners. She donates £3 from each kit sold to charity and has raised over £3,500 so far.
For CW+, Emma’s kits are distributed for our patients to enjoy, and feature images from our art collection. The kits include an instruction sheet, reference image sheet (coloured picture / original artwork), numbered blank template, paint brushes, and 12 numbered acrylic paints. Virtual Connections invites you to get involved at home too – download the templates and references images below!
Helpful painting tips
- Protect your work surface
- Acrylic paints dry quickly – keep the lids on your posts when not in use
- Wash brushes straight after you finish using them to avoid paint drying hard
- Use reference image for small areas not numbered
- Wait for the first layer to dry before going in for a second coat