- Who to Contact about your Personal Information
- Personal Information That We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Personal Information of Other Individuals
- Marketing Preferences
- Access and Correction Requests, Questions and Concerns
- Other Information We Collect Through the Site
- Third party Website
1. Who To Contact About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can e-mail: email@example.com or write to CW+, 4 Verney House, 1B Hollywood Road, London, SW10 9HS.
2. Personal Information That We Collect
Depending on your relationship with us, Personal Information collected about you and your dependants may include:
- General identification and contact information
Your name; address; e-mail and telephone details; and gender.
- Financial information and account details
Payment card number; bank account number and account details; and other financial information.
- Marketing preferences and customer feedback
You may let us know your marketing preferences, enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey
- IP and web browser details
IP address; web browser type and version; operating system; a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on the Site, and the site you exit to;
3. How We Use Personal Information
We use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our charitable work.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Site and other administrative information.
- Provide improved quality, training and security (for example, with respect to recorded or monitored phone calls to our contact numbers).
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Personalise your experience on the Site by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you.
- Identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- From time to time we might use your data for profiling, targeting and research purposes to ensure our communications to you are as appropriate and cost effective as possible. We only allow authorised agents who work on our behalf to access your personal data.
CW+ may make Personal Information available to:
- Our service providers
External third-party service providers, such as medical professionals, accountants, actuaries, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; banks and financial institutions that service our accounts; document and records management providers; and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Other Third Parties
CW+ may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services [do not] have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and its associated charities: The Friends of Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, Chelsea Children’s Hospital Charity, MediCinema, St Stephen’s AIDS Trust, The Borne Foundation and The Mulberry Centre. We may do this when planning our charitable activities.
[Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that CW+ requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.]
Personal Information may also be shared by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs, and other services on the Site to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
CW+ will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us. (See the “Who to Contact About Your Personal Information” section above.)
When CW+ provides Personal Information to a service provider, the service provider will be selected carefully and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information.
6. Retention of Personal Information
7. Personal Information of Other Individuals
8. Marketing Preferences
We will provide you with regular opportunities to tell us your marketing preferences, including in our communications to you. To tell us your marketing preferences and to opt-out, you can also contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: CW+, 4 Verney House, 1B Hollywood Road, London, SW10 9HS.
- Receiving e-mail messages and text messages from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails or text messages from CW+ on an ongoing basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related messages by clicking on the link to “unsubscribe” provided in each message or by contacting us at the above addresses.
- Receiving telephone communications and postal mail from us: If you no longer want to receive mobile messages, telephone communications or postal mail from CW+ on an ongoing basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related communications by contacting us at the above addresses.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with our group companies for their marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on an ongoing basis with our group companies for their own marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at the above addresses.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with selected third-party partners for their marketing purposes: If you have provided your consent we may share your Personal Information on an ongoing basis with our third-party partners for their own marketing purposes. If you change your mind, you may opt-out of this sharing on an ongoing basis by contacting us at the above addresses.
We aim to comply with your opt-out request(s) within a reasonable time period. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to those to whom we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date on which we respond to your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you other important administrative communications from which you cannot opt-out.
9. Access and Correction Requests, Questions and Concerns
In certain countries, an individual may have the right to access, correct, object to the use of, or request deletion or suppression of Personal Information on certain grounds. Please contact us as set out in the “Who to Contact About Your Personal Information” section above with any such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Information. Please note that some Personal Information may be exempt from access, correction, objection, deletion or suppression rights in accordance with local privacy and data protection laws.
10. Other Information We Collect Through the Site
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information
Other Information We Collect
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your internet browser: Certain information is collected by most websites, such as your IP address (i.e., your computer’s address on the internet), screen resolution, operating system type (Windows or Mac) and version, internet browser type and version, time of the visit and the page(s) visited. We use this information for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
Below is a description of all the cookies we use on our UK websites, what they do, what data about you they collect and what we use them for:
- Geo Location cookie – When a visitor visits one of our sites for the first time we read their location from their IP address and use this information to assume the country site that they want to visit. This method is not entirely accurate, however, so when they navigate to a particular country site we use a cookie to store this information and to store the language that they chose to view the site. The next time they visit the site we read the cookie and present the same country and language version they used on your last visit. This has the intended benefit that they don’t need to reselect the country site they need each time they come to the site. No Personal Information is collected or used by the cookie.
- Site Catalyst cookie (by Adobe) – This cookie enables us to collect and analyze data about how visitors arrive at our site and then how they interact with our site, including products they may search, content they may view, and the steps leading up to a completed or abandoned sale. We use this aggregated information to adapt our sites to better serve their and other users’ needs and interests, and to provide more relevant and useful information. The cookie is placed on a visitor’s PC on a temporary basis only. The cookie does not collect or use their Personal Information. Instead, it logs an anonymous code which identifies users and this code “follows” the user in their journey through the site. We use the aggregated and anonymous information for statistical analysis.
- DoubleClick cookies – We place a tracking pixel cookie on to all site visitors’ PCs, for the purpose of our banner advertising activity. We use these cookies to know that a visitor has been on our site before and to then place display an appropriate banner ad on to an affiliated network website. No Personal Information is collected. One of the advertisement companies that we use is Google, Inc, trading as DoubleClick. For more information on the DoubleClick cookie, or to opt out from the DoubleClick advertisement cookie please visit: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/.
- Affiliate cookie – We use a tracking pixel cookie, which is put on a visitor’s PC and collects only the transaction ID (which identifies the any affiliated website the visitor has come from) and a time and date stamp. This enables our affiliate network to track affiliated sales and ensure an affiliate is credited for a sale referred to us. It does not involve any passing of Personal Information.
- From you: Some information (for example, your location or preferred means of communication) is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate and use certain information (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “Other Information We Collect” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
11. Third Party Websites